Moncks Corner has been a part of South Carolina history since the early 18th century with the arrival of French Huguenots. The Town of was chartered in 1885 and became the county seat for Berkeley County in 1895. As a result, Moncks Corner has an extensive history. As we grow and evolve, it is the mission of the Town to ensure that our past remains alive for current residents, visitors, and future generations. This page a working site to bring together this history for everyone to learn and enjoy.